MKS simulations and finite elements calculations
Quality improvement and optimization with
Today, FEM is the most common procedure to calculate complex structures in the fields of machine and apparatus construction, building industry as well as automobile, aeronautical and spacial engineering. In principle, FEM can be applied anywhere, where physical occurrences can be described through partial-, location- or time-dependent differential equations.
Correlations between the calculated vibratory movements (with the help of a simple supplementary system) and of the real dynamic loads and vibrations of these objects to be calculated with a Finite Element Model, can generally not be expressed through equations.
- Support at static and dynamic calculations provided by isoloc already at the design process or the planning/construction phases of machines, plants or buildings by finite elements calculations as well as MKS multiple-body simulation
- Early detection of constructive weakpoints of a machine or a building by means of such examinations
- Safety and simplification of the decision-making process to determine the measure to be carried out
Parameters for corrective measures
A finite elements calculation enables the calculation of the following parameters, which can be used for the determination of a corrective measure:
- The load capacity of an object
- Static deformations due to natural weight
- Natural forms
- Natural frequencies
- Dynamic loads
- Vibration movements
- Strength tests - calculation of tensions
- Simulation of the system behaviour at certain excitations
- Integration into a CAD-supported construction process
Furthermore, constructive weakpoints of a machine or building can be determined by such examinations. These examinations are especially recommended during the planning/construction phases of machines, plants or buildings, etc.
Image 1: Determination of the mass forces during the operation
of a forging / eccentric press
Image 2: Shapes during the vibrations of a generator, elastically setup on isoloc elements